Wednesday, July 1, 2009

One.

I haven’t had a job for over a month now. This is the greatest thing and the worst thing all at the same time. It’s been a while since I haven’t had a job or school to worry about. I’ve been thinking about the scene in Office Space where Peter says that if he had a million dollars he would do nothing all day. I can see the allure of this but I don’t know if I could do that for the rest of my life.

I’ve found that I am much more productive when I have other things to worry about. If I only have two hours to accomplish something, I’ll hammer it out. However, if I have all day I tell myself, “I’ve got all the time in the world, I’ll get to it later,” and end up laying on the couch eating Pringles and watching Divorce Court all day long.

Speaking of which, I’ve fallen in love with all the daytime court shows on TV. I’m slowly becoming as trashy possible, with a conscious effort. I bought tank tops, I drink tons of shitty beer with a cigarette in my mouth, don’t bathe, and rock the beard covered in sweat. Plus the court shows and Maury. Can’t forget about Maury.

I’m also writing for this website called www.deckfight.com now, so you can see more evidence of trashiness if you feel up to it.

No comments:

Post a Comment